Connect

Who Ald. Moore Really Screamed "F--- You" To

And now, the rest of the ugly story: On June 20, Chicago Alderman Joe Moore (49th Ward) screamed "F--- You!" when he was denied entrance to a VIP reception at an IVI-IPO dinner. Moore didn't have the right ticket, but His Excellency felt he was entitled. He was not, he was denied, he had a fit and he then yelled the obscene insult. But there is more to the story: Who Moore directed that obscenity at, and the rest of what he said. Bob Bartell is the IVI-IPO State Chairman. He is (was?) also a close friend of Moore. Sources tell Chicago News Bench that Bartell was a guest at Joe Moore's secret wedding (June 7, 2008). When Moore was denied entrance to the IVI-IPO's V.I.P. reception on June 20, 2009, he tried to over the gate keeper's head by appealing to Bartell to wave the rules for him. When Bartell upheld the rule, Moore went balistic. "F--- you," Moore hollered, "and your family." The insult was aimed at Bob Bartell personally, not at the room in general. Moore's meaning was clear: "Family" includes more than the spouse. It includes parents, kids, grandparents, cousins, aunts and uncles. Joe Moore told Bob Bartell that he and his entire family should just get f---ed. This is just another reason why Moore will have a hard time finding party support for any bid he might make for re-election in 2011. IVI-IPO Chairman Bob Bartell, who is also well connected with the Northside DFA (Democracy For America), is probably not as charmed by Moore as he used to be. Other reasons include the fact that the Northside DFA itself has not been charmed with Moore for a while; it's difficult to find many people in their ranks who think highly of Moore. The SEIU is not as charmed as they once were, since Moore tried to effectively replace them with a Boys and Girls Club at a public facility in his 49th Ward. Moore has relied heavily on the SEIU for both campaign money and campaign workers. Having been betrayed by Moore, they may not be as willing to pony up as much cash or as many thugs next time around. Also see: Joe Moore Has A Meltdown at IVI-IPO Dinner Sidebar I once told Joe Moore to f--- himself, and I said it to his face at the Morse CTA station on a busy weekday morning in 2008. He was on the sidewalk handing out propaganda. As I walked past him, I said "f--- yourself" just loud enough for him to hear me. I kept walking, intent on catching a train, unaware that Moore had followed me into the dingy station. There, with the smell of urine all around, I suddenly heard Moore yell "What did you say?!?" I turned, saw Moore standing there, his normally pasty face all flushed and red. I stared at him, my eyebrows raised in a silent "Bring it on, Joe." He repeated himself, louder this time. People were watching. "What did you say to me?" he demanded. "I told you to f--- yourself," I said matter-of-factly. About a dozen CTA commuters laughed. Moore's red face became even redder, his chin wobbled horizontally, he stammered something unintelligible, his eyes rolled. I laughed. Moore turned heel and left the station, back to flashing fake smiles at constituents on the sidewalk. I tell you this to only to note that there was something that I did not say to Moore that morning, something that I would never say to him. Although I told Moore to f--- himself, I left his family out of it. None of Moore's spawn or blood relatives have anything to do with his (alleged) corruption or (proven) ineptitude (as far as I know), and they should not be dragged into the argument. (In Moore's case, however, wife Barbara is fair game since she brags that she tells Joe what to do and how to do it, even when she's sober.) Moore, being a yutz with no class, had no reservations about cursing out his dear friend Bob Bartell's entire family. Leave a Comment... Chicago News Bench RSS Feed We're on Twitter...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Keep it classy.