Jan. 16, 2013 - The selective abortion and murder of more than 200 million unwanted girls is a holocaust that is worldwide.
Dibinga's video cleverly mixes his heartfelt lyrics and music with outtakes of the "It's A Girl" documentary. The juxtaposition of his anti-abortion message with the chillingly casual first-hand accounts of killing unwanted babies is very effective.
The trend of killing unwanted baby girls is predominantly a "third world" issue, but the horror is not limited to those parts of the planet.
"Recent statistics indicate that gendercide," reports New Europe this month, "meaning the abortion of female foetuses because the family wishes to have a male offspring, is no longer confined only in China and India, but has become a European problem as well, especially in the Balkans."
"In India, China and many other parts of the world today, girls are killed, aborted and abandoned simply because they are girls," says the video description "The United Nations estimates as many as 200 million girls are missing in the world today because of this so-called 'gendercide'. This documentary film tells the stories of abandoned and trafficked girls, of women who suffer extreme dowry-related violence, of brave mothers fighting to save their daughters' lives, and of other mothers who would kill for a son." (Read the full description on YouTube.)
- "It's A Girl" official movie website
- Fighting The Real 'War On Women' WorldNetDaily
- Alarming rise in abortion of female fetuses in Europe New Europe
- Gendercide proves that abortion can be turned into a weapon against women Telegraph UK
- Why the world is more dangerous with fewer girls The Age (Australia)
- Female Foeticide & Infanticide / India Gendercide Watch
- Gendercide Stings The Economist