Connect

Updated: Moncton Gunman Surrenders After Killing Three Mounties

Suspected Moncton NB gunman Justin Bourque
Justin Bourque works his evil
June 5, 2014 -- Parts of Moncton, New Brunswick were locked down following the shooting deaths on Wednesday night of three Royal Canadian Mounted Police and the wounding of two other officers, reports the CBC.  

Police were searching for gunman Justin Bourque, 24, armed and dangerous. Police tweeted a photo of him wearing military camouflage and carrying guns (left).

UPDATE: Bourque surrendered to police at early on the morning of Friday, just after midnight. The Daily Mail (UK) reports that Bourque gave himself up in the front yard of Moncton resident Michelle Thibodeau. 

"He was in my backyard. I saw him arrested in front of my eyes. He is alive," Thibodeau tweeted. "The swat team arrived at my house and unloaded and started screaming in my backyard for him to surrender and he did. I watched it happen," according the the Daily Mail. "They had him sprawled on my front lawn for some time and then loaded him into the swat vehicle. They are now checking my yard for firearms."

While Bourque was still at large, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police asked residents to stay inside and lock their doors, turn on porch lights to assist police, and to not broadcast police operations over social media such as Twitter or Facebook. Moncton has a population of just over 60,000.

Also See:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Keep it classy.