- At 3 p.m., a source called L. Swanson to say that a student from Uplift High School called the 23rd Police District to say that the Vice Lords and Gangster Disciples were going to fight on Broadway between Montrose and Wilson.
- At approximately 3:30 p.m. the same source called L. Swanson again and said that police had broken up a rival gang fight near Wilson and Broadway.
- Shots were heard at approximately 4:17 p.m. (tweet)
- 4:25 p.m., police scanner calls reported that a man was down at Wilson and Broadway.(tweet)
- 4:27 p.m. person down at Wilson and Broadway. (tweet)
- 4:30 p.m., a report came in that a female victim was down at Wilson and Broadway. Female was reported shot in the leg. (tweet)
- Crowd gathering at 4:33 p.m. beneath the L tracks on Wilson, at Wilson and Broadway. (tweet)
- 4:35 p.m. two on the ground, arrested, at Wilson & Sheridan... ANOTHER victim was picked up in a dark SUV, fled west... (tweet)
- 4:37 p.m. Second victim was reported picked up in a dark SUV, fled westbound, also shot in leg. Black blazer, with Wisconsin license plates. (tweet)
- 4:38 p.m. Police looking for weapons on N. Broadway, near intersection with Wilson. Needing crowd control. (tweet)
- 4:40 p.m. Shooters were at 4601 N Broadway, east side of street, shell casings found there... still looking for weapon/s. (tweet)
- 4:41 p.m. Cops calling for more crime scene tape. (tweet)
- 4:45 p.m. Six shell casings found at 4601 N. Broadway. (tweet)
- 4:47 p.m. Another witness now standing by to look at suspects being brought to scene of shooting... (tweet)
- 4:48 p.m. Female shooting victim taken to Illinois Masonic Hospital. (tweet)
- 5:00 p.m. Helicopters hovering over Uptown. (tweet)
- 5:21 p.m. Three suspects have been taken to Area 3 at Belmont and Western. (Heard by L. Swanson on police scanner)
Thursday, February 25, 2010
Two Shot in Chicago's Uptown Neighborhood (Updated)
UPDATE, FEB. 26: Two Suspects Held in Uptown Shooting of Feb. 25 by Lorraine Swanson and Tom Mannis A woman described by police as "late teens or early twenties" was shot at approximately 4:17 p.m. Thursday beneath the L tracks at W. Wilson and N. Broadway (60640). She suffered at least one bullet to a leg. CFD paramedics transferred her to Illinois Masonic Hospital in stable condition. This much is known so far, according to police scanner calls. The following is based largely on posts to Twitter ("tweets") by Tom Mannis at twitter.com/ChiNewsBench, who tweeted what he heard on the police scanner in real time immediately after the shooting at 4:17 p.m. until 4:52 p.m.