According to the Chicago Tribune today, "Blagojevich made an appearance at an Oct. 31 luncheon meeting at the India House restaurant in Schaumburg sponsored by Oak Brook businessman Raghuveer Nayak, a major Blagojevich supporter who also has fundraising and business ties to the Jackson family, according to several attendees and public records." More than a million dollars was raised for "Blagojevich's campaign as a way to encourage him to pick Jackson for the job." Full Story...
Nayak, a pharmacist, has been a major donor to politicians for some time. Campaignmoney.com lists his 2008 contributions. So does NewsMeat. Nayak has been a Blagojevich appointed policy panel leader.
- LIAR: Jesse Jackson, Jr.
- OpenlineBlog.com: Move Over Rezko; Weisner-Blagojevich Crony ...
- Report: Jackson backers sought cash for Ill. gov. - Kansas City Star
- The Scorecard: 2008 Congressional campaign news and analysis ...
- American Thinker Blog: Jesse Jackson, Jr. not out of the woods yet
- Calls to Impeach Blagojevich Increase - TIME
- The man who owns Old Copley also owns... - Beacon Blog
- Emptywheel » The Reason Behind the Jacksons’ Narrow Denials?