Connect

David Plouffe Thanks Me

They love me over at Team Obama. David Plouffe especially likes me, and every week he sends me emails. It makes me feel warm and fuzzy, like I belong to a big, special club or sumpthin. Regular readers of this blog know that I'm a rapid, evil spirited, unreasonable conservative, which makes Mr. Plouffe's inclusion of me all the more appreciated. It also makes me grateful that Plouffe and Team Obama have been following the "Bush model" of communications discipline in their dealings with the press, and that they will continue to do so. Anyway, I'm just so proud of what Mr. Plouffe wrote to me that I just have to share it with alla y'all: Friday, December 19, 2008 From: "David Plouffe, BarackObama.com" To: "Tom Mannis" Tom, You helped build the most powerful and effective grassroots movement in America. NOTE: (Me? Well, not exactly. I'm trying, in my own small way, to help build a powerful grassroots movement to work against you, Mr. Plouffe.) Now, you're helping to define how this movement will support President-elect Obama's agenda and continue to bring the change we need. NOTE: (Uhm, not exactly. See, I'm very much opposed to Obama's agenda. As an anti-Marxist, I just can't help myself.) The more voices that are part of this process, the better the results will be. And so far, the response has been remarkable -- 550,000 people completed the online supporter survey. NOTE: (Ahhh, I agree that voices need to be heard. But how many of those 550,000 people completed that survey three, four or ten times with fake names?) And this past weekend, supporters organized more than 4,000 Change is Coming house meetings in 2,000 cities across all 50 states. NOTE: (Hmmm. "All 50 states," you say? Obama said there are 57 states. No?) RELATED: David Plouffe Still Using Obama Listserv to Beg for Money detritus.: an open letter to David Plouffe, Campaign Manager The Stranger Slog Why Is David Plouffe Still Asking Me for Money?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Keep it classy.