Connect

Agonized Writing from the Black Republican

If you have not read The Black Republican, you should. No, "Black Republican" is NOT an oxymoron, friend, it's a growing reality. I have been soul searching lately, and I find that I have issues with President Bush and the management of the Afghanistan and Iraq affairs, and other issues as well. But even during the height of the Clinton Administration (I voted for Bill in '92; sorry), my love of country never whithered. As Steve notes in his post at The Black Republican, whithered love of country seems to be epidemic these days. As Steve wrote, "I felt I had to post this on the offhand chance that someone who has not seen these things can read and hear for themselves the words of those claiming to be the new voice of the Democratic Party." The self-proclaimed voice of the Democratic Party I have agonized over whether or not to write this post, but like the brown shirts and white hoods of the past, in order to understand a thing people must be able to look at the unvarnished truth of that thing, no matter how revolting or grotesque. I agonized because, having been in the Army myself, I find it utterly disgusting that any person enjoying the freedoms and privileges of this country can actually believe, let alone publicly give voice to, this sort of anti-military, anti-American sentiment. FULL POST....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Keep it classy.