Saturday, July 20, 2013

Discovering Houston, And Not Liking What I See

Can You Help a
Homeless Patriot?

Please Give To My
Homeless Survival Fund!
Keep Me Alive and Fighting!

July 20, 2013 - I just relocated to Houston, Texas. I came down here because of everything we've all heard: Houston is a boom town, a great place to find work, an economic powerhouse. If that's true, then why is there so much poverty and high crime here? I filed a report about my first hours in Houston.

"Very rough neighborhoods, worse than anything in downtown Chicago as far as I can tell. It's reminiscent of the old Greyhound station in Chicago's Loop, which was closed many years ago and was a hot spot for criminal activity. In fact, the Greyhound station is just blocks from Sauer Street/McGowen Street, one of America's highest-crime neighborhoods.... Full report at Homeless Patriot

.