Friday, May 17, 2013

Non-Partisan Group Says Obama is a War Criminal

Obama's death drones
May 17, 2013 - Closing Guantanamo and ending torture of detainees was one of his campaign promises in 2008. In 2013, of his former supporters on the Left say Obama is worse than  President George W. Bush in the way he has continued to detain Guantanamo inmates.

In fact, Obama has authorized, condoned and/or covered up torture, drone killing of civilians and other crimes -- and should be indicted. That's the conclusion of The Constitution Project, a legal research and advocacy group, in its "Report on Detainee Treatment."

Petitioning Obama (
The charges are detailed in a report and video from The Western Center for Journalism (watch the video below). The New York Times reported the story on its front page on April 16, but it received secondary attention because of the massive coverage of the Boston Marathon bombing.

A NY Times opinion piece on April 16 said that the Constitution Project's report "is also rightly critical of the Obama administration’s use of expansive claims of secrecy to keep the details of rendition and torture from becoming public and to block victims’ lawsuits."

"A nonpartisan group, The Constitution Project, in their mammoth 600-page report, has concluded that Barack Hussein Obama, the 44th President of the United States, should be indicted for war crimes in the authorization or coverup of the use of torture during interrogation on detainees at Guantánamo and CIA 'black sites'," according The Western Center for Journalism today.

The report is also critical of the administrations of Bill Clinton and George W. Bush.

GULAG Guantanamo
Hope and Change? "Obama originally said when he ran for office that he would close the Guantanamo Bay prison," wrote Rachel Alexander for Town Hall on May 13, "and after being elected in 2009, publicly instructed  the military to shut it down within one year. It is now over four years later, into his second term, and the prison is still open. Most of the prisoners have been there for over 11 years without a trial. Nine have died since it opened in 2002. The scrutiny has intensified in recent months as a majority of the 166 inmates, down from a high of 684 in 2003, have gone on hunger strikes, and at least 21 of the men are being force-fed twice daily. The administration has approved 86 detainees for release, but curiously none have been released so far this year."

Also See: