|Rep. Paul Gosar, Arizona:|
Willing to compromise on
the U.S. Constitution
"If all you're going to do is stand just for the Constitution and nothing less, you will lose," Gosar said. "We have to have the Constitution but a plan to get back."
"Because not everybody believes in the Constitution," Gosar said. "You have fifty percent of the people..." he was interrupted by KrisAnne Hall, Unite In Action's Director of Legal Affairs.
"You cannot abandon the Constitution," Hall said emphatically, and she continued to make a strong case for not backing down or compromising when it comes to the Constitution - as Rep. Gosar had just urged the group to do.
Gosar had local tea party support when he ran for Congress in 2010, and is now running in Arizona's 4th District after moving to Prescott. According to TriValleyCentral.com, "That leaves things wide open in the 1st District, where Democrats hold a slight numerical advantage over Republicans in the far-flung region that stretches from the north edge of Tucson through Pinal County, much of eastern Arizona and northern Arizona to the Utah border."
It would be surprising if Gosar gets the same level of enthusiastic support from tea party factions after this.
I would present more information about this but, oddly, there is nothing on the website of Unite In Action. Strangely, too, there is no information about when this event happened, where it was or even what the name of the event was. I tried to contact them, but their message function was not functioning properly at 3:14 p.m. CDT today.
- AZ-4: Paul Gosar Says Constitution Not Worth Fighting For MadisonProject.com
- 1st congressional district campaign: Six contend for Gosar's seat TriValleyCentral.com
- Rep. Gosar says Congress should give up salaries, but won't give up his AZFamily.com
- GOSAR: If all you do is stand for the Constitution you will lose High Plains Pundit
- Paul Gosar (R-AZ), Suggests Americans Stop Fighting For The Constitution! Waking Giant