Monday, December 19, 2011

Layaway Angels Are Great, But...

The Homeless Patriot writes about those "layaway angels," the kind hearted souls who are anonymously paying off the layaway Christmas gifts for people at Kmarts and Wal-Marts. Trouble is, says HP, those angels could be doing a lot more good for a lot less money. An excerpt....

I am truly happy that my Facebook friend was helped by a layaway angel. I am also happy that she is fortunate enough to have two jobs, a home to live in, and food for her family. Many folks these days cannot make it with only one, and millions do not even have that.

However, I do have a small issue with all of this. No, I am not saying the angels should not do what they are doing. I think it is a wonderful thing. It is people helping people, after all, asking nothing in return except feeling good about what they have done..."  Read More at The Homeless Patriot: "Angry About Angels: Layaway Crap Versus Food"

.