Connect

My Name Is Molly Phelan, And I'm Sick Of It

July 15, 2010 - Chicago - “My name is Molly Phelan, and I want to be your alderman,” she told the crowd. Phelan, a tax attorney, was speaking last night to a crowd at Nick's Uptown, 4015 North Sheridan Road, last night. The occasion: The formal announcement of her candidacy for 46th Ward alderman. ALSO SEE: First Responders Endorse Michael Carroll for 46th Ward Alderman (CNB, January 26, 2011) According to Lake Effect News, Alderman Helen Shiller "is said to be making an announcement on whether she intends to run for another term in early August." LEN quotes Phelan as telling last night's crowd that "A lot of you have asked me why I’m running for alderman. The short answer is I’m sick of it. I’m sick of the lying, I’m sick of the kids getting killed in our streets, and I’m sick of money being taken from our schools and given away in backroom deals in city hall. I’m sick of it.” More at LEN... Yes, and so is most of Uptown. Chicago's aldermanic elections will be held in February, 2011. RELATED: Molly Phelan Running For Alderman in 46th Ward Don Nowotny On Latest Broadway-Wilson Shooting What The Cappleman! It's Official, He's Running In The 46th Ward Urgent! Petition to Stop Wilson Yard $54 Million Expansion Ald. Helen Shiller Wallows in Lies, Self-Pity