Connect

Marathon Pundit's Deep Penetration

He went deep undercover: John Ruberry (a.k.a. "Marathon Pundit," a.k.a. "The Chameleon") penetrated deep into Organizing For America (OFA).

John recounted his penetration of OFA in "A 'teabagger' attends an Organizing for America training session," posted on May 7.

That's John in the photo, taken at the Rockford Tea Party Express event on April 6. He looks too normal to fit into an OFA meeting, I think, but he gave it a shot.

OFA is Comrade Obama's huge propanda machine and private army. John pretended to be a progressive liberal and attended one of their recent meeting just north of Chicago. From John's own account of the experience:

Three weeks ago I received an e-mail from Barack Obama's political arm, Organizing for America, inviting me to a Camp OFA training session in Evanston, Illinois, just a few miles from my home. I signed up, under my real name. I have an OFA online account.

Would they let him in?

A few days later I received a Monday phone bank call (more on that later) from an enthusiastic volunteer from the Democratic Party of Evanston (DPOE) confirming my interest, and asking me if instead of attending the May 5 session I signed up for, would I be interested in attending a second meeting, one week later? It seems that response was so overwhelming, that this training session would have to be moved to larger quarters, in this case the Firehouse Grill on Chicago Avenue. Originally, the meeting was to be held at DPOE headquarters.  I opted for my initial choice.

In conversations with John prior to his going undercover, we discussed how he could pass as a liberal progressive. I suggested that he not shave or bathe for a week and find a tie-dyed shirt at a local thrift shop. John didn't say whether he did that or not, but apparently he fooled the OFA goons, you betcha.

OFA may seem impressive, but they make mistakes. Such as letting me into this meeting.

John's account of the meeting is entertaining - and instructive. It is a must-read.

Would you would like to attend an OFA meeting? John says, "there's another Evanston training next Wednesday." That's May 12. "Tell ten friends," he suggests. And why not? The OFA certainly sends enough infiltrators to the Tea Parties. The more the merrier. I suggest you not bathe for about a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Keep it classy.