Connect

Scott Lee Cohen and Barack Obama's Office Space

February 7, 2010 - I was just looking at video about Scott Lee Cohen, the duly elected Democrat candidate for Illinois Lt. Governor who was shamefully forced off the ticket. Cohen resigned tonight, but that's not what this post is about. As I looked at the video, shots of the interior of Cohen's campaign office looked very familiar. The top photo here is a frame from an ABC7 report. The photo underneath is was taken by me in the same office space on Sept. 20, 2008. Notice the wood of the pillar. I felt as if I'd been there before, and a search of my photographs confirmed that I had - when I visited Barack Obama's volunteer center in September, 2008. Yep, same ceiling, same wood pillars, same wall. Same space, same address, in the basement of 566 W. Lake Street, Chicago. A June 3, 2008 press release from Cohen: "While other candidates are positioning themselves and evaluating the playing field, Scott Lee Cohen, a Democratic candidate for Lt. Governor, will host a job fair on Thursday, June 4th from10am – 4pm at 566 W. Lake Street in Chicago. Cohen is taking a break from the campaign trail to transform his campaign office into a job resource center for Chicagoland residents." Of course, this means nothing. It's just one of those weird moments, a sort of deja vu ... and the fervent hope that the same political fate will befall a previous tenant. RELATED: Rep Jan Schakowsky advising Scott Lee Cohen on the mud slung in politics - Bill Baar Leave a Comment * Conservative T-Shirts * Follow CNB on Twitter * RSS Feed