Sunday, October 18, 2009

Twitter Down, Some Users Cannot Connect

Update, 9:00 pm CDT: It's back up (for now). I could not connect to Twitter (as of 11:25 a.m. (CDT; 18 October). No problems with any other sites, so I went to Twitter Status ( and found this omnimous message: "Responding to network connectivity problems 56 minutes ago - We are currently investigating a problem whereby some Twitter clients in widely scattered network locations are unable to connect to" This occurs so frequently that I've added Twitter Status to my long list of links. A blog called "surroundings me" notes the spotty nature of the current problem: Unless the 400 or more people I follow on Twitter have all gone mute at the same time, I suspect that something’s wrong with Twitter, since I haven’t seen a new message for the last hour or so. A quick scan of Facebook–and Twitter’s own search engine–indicates that other people are seeing the same thing: We’re tweeting, it appears, but into a void. How meta! RELATED: Cyber attack? Glenn Beck exposes Obama's Internet takeover Conservative Caps, Shirt and more! Leave a Comment - Chicago News Bench RSS Feed Visit us on Twitter!