Connect

News-Star Apologizes, Makes Good

Let me start this by saying that my respect for Ron Roenigk, publisher of News-Star newspaper (Chicago), has been renewed. On September 3, I took him and News-Star to task for using one of my photographs without my knowledge in their Sept. 2-8, 2009. I'll admit that I was pretty rough on him in that post, in which I asked "for $100.00 payment immediately for the use of the photograph and an apology and attribution on page 3 of the next issue of News-Star." To his credit, Roenigk proved himself to be a gentleman about the whole affair, and it's my turn to make attribution - attribution to Roenigk, that is, for kindly sending me a check for $100 (no, it didn't bounce) and for printing a nice "correction" in Sept. 9-15 issue of News-Star. Inasmuch as the already-circulation issues of the Sept. 2-8 News-Star will not be rounded up and burned, my already-published Sept. 3 post will not be deleted for just a little while. However, it will now include a link at the top to this post, just to keep things straight. That's what this was all about - keeping it straight. Sincere thanks to Ron Roenigk. Cool Hats & Shirts for Cool Conservatives Leave a Comment... Chicago News Bench RSS Feed We're on Twitter...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Keep it classy.