Connect

Fontana Grill Gets Liquor License

Finally, one of my favorite restaurants on the northside of Chicago will get its liquor license. Fontana Grill & Wine Bar has been BYOB since it opened last autumn. I had dinner in the cozy and intimate restaurant on Friday, Feb. 13, and owner Nino Divanovic pulled me aside tonight and said the city told him earlier this week that his liquor license has been approved. Nino said they hope to start selling wine, beer and liquors "next weekend," and he plans to host wine tastings frequently. My friend had the NY strip and I had the rack of lamb (Nino's personal favorite). Both were cooked to perfection, and the excellent potatoes au gratin and grilled asparagus spears rounded out both plates nicely. Sadly, we forgot to bring a bottle of wine; we forgot that Fontana Grill was still a bring-your-own establishment. Only for another week, thank goodness, and the next time I go I'll be able to order an adult beverage from Fontana's own stock. Tip: Some of the best calamari I've ever had, and when the weather gets warm they have a beautiful cobblestone outdoor patio. Great stone-fired thin crust pizzas, too, and if you just want something simple, Fontana's burgers are excellent. 1329 W Wilson Ave (between Beacon Street and Malden Street, between N. Broadway and N. Clark) Chicago, IL 60640 (773) 561-0400 http://www.fontanagrill.com/ For more information, see a review at Metromix. CNB RSS Feed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Keep it classy.