Connect

Will I See Johnny Depp Tonight?

Whew! What a day. Ran downtown for yet another photo assignment for the Chicago Journal.


They wanted photos of several historic and architecturally important buildings.


On my way back north I stopped in Lakeview to photograph a block of old houses for C.J., and right now I'm at Argo Tea blogging away.

Last night the police scanner alerted me to some 30 cars that were about to be towed on Fullerton, between Sheffield and Lincoln.


I ran down there and photographed some of that action, but then realized that they were towing because of the filming of Johnny Depp's/Michael Mann's "Public Enemies" right around the corner. Cool. I got a lot of good shots there.


They had shops decked out to look like the 1920s, and even had a length of fake trolley tracks embedded in fake cobblestone. It looked very real even when I stood on it, although it felt rubbery.

I will stop down tonight to get more photos. (No, the ones here aren't the best shots! I'm saving those for something else.)