Connect

Big Honorable Mention For Rogers Park Drummer Jimmy Bennington

Congratulations are in order for jazz drummer extraordinaire Jimmy Bennington! The Rogers Park resident made the prestigious AllAboutJazz.com list of 2007 Honorable Mentions for his album "Jimmy Bennington/Julian Priester, Portraits and Silhouettes (TSP)." I am personally very proud of Jimmy, as a friend and neighbor. But I have a personal stake here: I created the CD cover art. It was fun working with Jimmy on the cover. He provided the photos, and I pieced them all together and took care of technical aspects. So not merely a "congratulations" to Jimmy. A big "thank you" as well, for letting me a small part of your big - and ever growing - stature as the jazz great that you truly are, and truly shall be. God bless you, Jimmy, keep up the good work. Tom, Please check the link below. Portraits and Silhouettes received an Honorable Mention for best records in 2007!!I want to thank you again for all of your help and assistance in getting this project out there... http://www.allaboutjazz.com/php/article.php?id=28039#16 Thanks, Jimmy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Keep it classy.