Connect

Kind Note From Colorado

A reader in Colorado wrote in response to a recent post on The Bench about a public mural project in Glenwood Springs. Thank you for the coverage of mural projects in Glenwood Springs, Colorado. I have just recently come back to Colorado. I spent the last 11 years in Michigan as Artist in Residence for MSU and the Kellogg Foundation, working with inner city folks and also the rural arts program. We created murals all over the state and used art as a vehicle to discuss value systems and decision making. I was partially trained in Chicago through the Gallery 37 program. If anyone would like to contact me my email address is renickart@yahoo.com. My history is Artist in Residence at San Jose State in the 1960's. I worked with Caesar Chavez in Delano and learned from him about community organizing Saul Links style. I have been a painter for 67 years and live in Glenwood Springs. I am glad the mural we just completed looks like some 6-year old painters did it. Actually, we had 18- month-old and 84-year old folks work on it. I have an 800-ft mural in the old Kellogg Sanitarium, now Federal Center in Battle Creek, Michigan, not to mention many more all over the country. Thank you for noticing. Hey, you're welcome and thank you for writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Keep it classy.