Connect

We Report, You Give Us News Tips

Some months ago, a rookie at Fox News Chicago became enamoured of my Joe Moore pub crawl video. Since then, we've had an ongoing email conversation. I've omitted his real name; we'll call him "Daryl" here. What a numb skull. Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 12:32:47 -0700 (PDT) From: "Tom Mannis" Subject: Re: Fox News Chicago To: "Daryl Trotsky" Thanks for your reply, Daryl. Forgive me, I thought you wrote a "quick note so that [I] would know where to send [you] story ideas." So, you don't pay for news stories, but you want me to send you ideas for news stories? How about you send me ideas for news stories? BTW, some organizations DO pay for news tips. Reuters, for one, and everyone buys news photos. Incidentally, I don't watch Fox News. I don't even have a TV. Take care. Daryl Trotsky wrote: Hello... Unfortunately, news organizations do not pay for news tips... We do stories about real people from various communities everyday. Often we find out about issues important to our viewers by hearing from them directly. In many cases, the stories we report from local communities effect change within them. We at Fox News Chicago are hear to provide a voice for those who many times go unheard. We welcome your news tips, but there is certainly no pressure. Thanks for your email... and thanks for watching Fox News Chicago. Sincerely, Daryl Trotsky Tom Mannis wrote: Hi Daryl, Nothing personal, but why would I send you story ideas? And how much is Fox News Chicago willing to pay me to be a consultant? Tom Daryl Trotsky wrote: Hey there.... Just wanted to drop you a quick note so that you would know where to send me story ideas via Yahoo. Thanks alot Take care Daryl Trotsky FOX NEWS REPORTER

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Keep it classy.