Warning: Exploding Cigarette Lighters

SOME CIGARETTE LIGHTERS COULD SPONTANEOUSLY EXPLODE

Friend Margot wrote a scary note, which we should be thankful for. Briefly: She had one of those cheap, clear disposable cigarette lighters (made in China!) that nearly burned her home down recently. The Chinese have a plan, you see: Poison our food supply and send us exploding lighters. Here is the warning from Margot, which should be taken very seriously. The pertinent parts:

I was VERY lucky last night.... I had just turned in for the night when I saw a flash of light from the living room and heard a strange hissing sound.... I got up to find a fire had started on my antique card table. The lighter that was on the table, one of the cheap, translucent ones you can purchase for 50 cents.... had exploded and was spitting fire and butane everywhere.... Thank God I was still awake!!! By the time a smoke detector would have awakened me, I would have been facing a serious fire. I had not even used the lighter last night. What caused it to blow like that is a mystery, but I will never have another one in my house! Please pass this on. It could save a home or a life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Keep it classy.