Connect

Nazis and Other Icky Things, Oh My!

A reader wrote, "I would like to suggest that we collectively ban all references to Nazis off all Rogers Park blogs forever." First let me say that I respect the person who wrote the comment. I do not write this to pick a fight with her. Then let me respectfully say "no dice." Did you suggest that George Bush being called a Nazi be banned on Rogers Park blogs at any time over the past seven years? Should we never utter or type the word "Nazi" again? Really? That will make my upcoming posting about the liberation of Dachau on April 29 rather difficult. It would also make it difficult to counter the hideous slander that has been thrown up against Don Gordon. To ban "all references" to Nazis would make intelligent discussion of certain, occassional issues and topics either very cumbersome or outright impossible. Why don't we also "ban all references to Icky Things off all Rogers Park blogs forever" while we're at it? Let us never again refer to unpleasant things, such as Gangs, Drugs, Stalin, Lenin, Polio, The Great Depression, Darfur, the Rwanda genocide, any genocide, or anything else that may be disturbing. Or icky. You, madam, may refrain from "all references to Nazis...forever," but I respectfully and fiercely reserve my right - and obligation - to never forget. Related: Dachau Concentration Camp - Liberation April 29,1945 Timeline Dachau

1 comment:

  1. Okay, fine- but I had to try you know? I am really more of a lover than a fighter. It's just such a low blow to call someone a Nazi and it's getting to be over used. It's almost as bad as calling someone a Republican(kidding of course).

    Thanks for being kind. For the record I asked Westgard to cut it out too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Keep it classy.