Connect

Joe Moore, M.D., Miracle Worker

Lives are being saved daily by the good work of Joe Moore, M.D.

"I save lives," he says modetly, "because that's what I do. Everyday I go to the clinic and inject medicine into little kids, then I help them with their homework."

Moore, a brain surgeon and a pediatrician, has invented dozens of vaccinations and cures for diseases. He just wants to save lives.

"Yes, I am a giving, selfless man," said Moore. "That picture here? I didn't even want that taken, because then people would say oh, look, he's just using that cute little black girl - I mean, African-American gir, uhm, I should probably call her a young African-Gyno-American - to tug at the heart strings of ignorant voters, you know, but on the other hand," Moore wipes a tear from his eye, "on the other hand, if this, uhm, picture can help just one child then it will have been worth it. Everything I do is for the children, you know."

Just after the picture was taken, Moore was called to the Emergency Room to put a 12-year old boy's brain back into his head after having it knocked out in a horrible train accident. Sadly, Moore's efforts could not save the boy, even after 9 hours of surgery. That was only the second patient that Moore has lost in his 23 years as a brain surgeon.

Emerging from the operating room, Dr. Moore was visible exhausted. "Well, I guess that's it for that kid," Moore said, wiping a tear. "Excuse me, I need to be alone."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Keep it classy.