Absurdly Restrictive Homeless Shelter in Houston

Monday, July 22, 2013 | 10:55 AM

Share/Bookmark

Star of Hope shelter, Houston TX
Homeless Patriot talks about a homeless shelter in Houston, Texas that treats its "customers" like work release prisoners:

"To be there, I realized, would be to effectively lock myself up. With no or very limited funds, I can't afford to take public transit to look for work. If I'm put out on the street everyday, I would not be able to use my computer at a wifi coffee shop as I am doing right now. My computer would let me do that if Star of Hope allowed it. 

In addition, I make a little scratch from ad revenue on my websites. Many shelters in Chicago have rules and regulations, naturally, but most have 10:00 p.m. as the time that you must return. That's not unreasonable. Six o'clock is just insane. The ban on cell phones and computer usage is megalomaniacal." More at Homeless Patriot...

Disqus

comments powered by Disqus