"Al-Mahdy," says The Local, "who as part of the feminist network Femen has employed nudity as a shock tactic before, wanted to protest the new Egyptian constitution that was voted through on Saturday. A second referendum on the document is scheduled for Friday, but it is widely expected to be adopted."
The famed naked Egyptian blogger Aliaa Magda al-Mahdy (or Elmahdy), 21, joined Ukrainian activist Inna Shevchenko and other members of human rights group Femen on Dec. 15 to hold a nude demonstration against the planned Egyptian constitution. Elmahdy has a Facebook page, of course, but there's not much going on there. She has not posted much at all, and guys going there to find hot photos will be disappointed.
Unfortunately, it looks as though the referendum on Egypt’s new draft constitution will go as President Morsi wants it to go. That means implementation of sharia law and a restriction of human rights. The "Arab Spring" just keeps getting frostier.
- Egyptian nudist in new secularism stunt Gulf News
- First Round of Voting in Egypt Affirms Controversial Draft Constitution UprisingRadio.com
- Why the Generals Back Morsi Foreign Affairs
- Truth is that Egyptians are rejecting democracy TheJC.com
- Oppostion: Muslimbrüder fälschen die Wahl Bild.de
- Nakenprotest utanför ambassad Aftonbladet.se
- Apocalypse of Muhammad Femen.org
- Apocalypse of Muhammad/Video Femen.org
- Aliaa Magda Elmahdy, Nude Blogger: In Pictures IBTimes.co.uk
- Les Femen brandissent la photo d'Aliaa Magda Elmahdy devant l'ambassade d'Egypte à Paris Citizenside