Connect

Tag the Blogger

I generally don't go for this kind of thing, but this tag-the-blogger one is too much fun to sit out. John Ruberry of Marathon Pundit tagged me with a meme, and I am now "required" to list six "inconsequential things" about me. That's one of the rules of this game. The rules: 1. Link to the person who tagged you (done, above) 2. Post the rules on your blog (you're reading them now) 3. Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself (see below) 4. Tag six random people with a link. It's difficult to pick only six "non-important things/habits/quirks," but here's a list off the top of my head: 1) Non-important thing: The little toes on my feet are hammer toes; they never touch the floor, so I leave four-toed footprints. Weird, I know, but not important. 2) Habit: I smoke. I know, I know, it's bad. But at least nicotine is a drug addiction that doesn't require me to buy my next hit from a recent parolee in a dark alley with money I've taken from an old lady's bloodied purse. 3) Quirk: I like to eat spaghetti with chop sticks. Hey, the Chinese invented that kind of noodle, so it's really not that weird. 4) Quirk: For some reason, I seem to be the person that strangers walk up to and ask for directions. It's weird. Often, I'll be on a crowded sidewalk or street corner, and people zero in on me to ask for directions, passing a dozen or more others to do so. I don't know why that is, but I am happy to talk to strangers (see # 6). 5) Quirk: I am politically conservative (on most but not all issues). While I don't consider that to be a quirk, most of my friends are liberal Democrats, and they consider it to be quirky. 6) Habit: I love talking to strangers on the street (see #4). I like people in general, and find that most folks are happy to have a conversation with a stranger. I've met many interesting people and almost always learn something new about human nature or a particular neighborhood. Some of those people have become friends. The links: A Million Monkeys Backyard Conservative Broken Heart Chicago Bungalow Chicago Shadows The Sixth Ward Subscribe to Chicago News Bench

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Keep it classy.