Connect

Jerry Agar, Regular Guy

A reader asks The Bench: Have you ever met Jerry Agar? I love his show, and think that it is way better than Eileen Burns', which was the show that he replaced. Yes, I met Jerry when I was in the WLS 890 AM studios [on August 5] with him as he interviewed John Powers of the Chicago Daily Observer and me [along with John Ruberry of Marathon Pundit via telephone]. Jerry is a cool guy, down to earth. He's the kind of guy anybody would be comfortable having a beer with and shooting the breeze - but you'd just want to be quiet and listen to Jerry because he's so entertaining and informative. P.S.: Unfortunately, I did not meet the lovely Maura Myles, newsgal and Agar's sidekick weekdays 9-11 a.m. Don't tell Jerry, but the only reason I accepted the invitation was my hope of meeting Maura!